By Michael Okubena
WEST AFRICAN SORGHUM-BASED Jobelyn® HAS IMMUNE ACTIVATING PROPERTIES IN LABORATORY TESTS
Jobelyn® is produced from a unique variety of Sorghum bicolor, recently domesticated from a West African wild variety, representing genetic makeup not a result of intense breeding efforts.
Health benefits include:
- Strong antioxidant support helps prevent oxidation of red blood cells
- Can bring relief for stressed circulatory systems
- Helps improve joint health by inhibiting release of pro-inflammatory properties
- Immune activating components for the body to help combat colds & flu
Our immune system is not limited to a given organ or tissue, but is widespread throughout our body, blood, skin, and mucosal barriers.
Immune cells, when activated, communicate in various ways by:
- Expressing receptors on cell surfaces to receive signals.
- Secreting compounds to send signals to other cells.
Jobelyn® treatment of human immune cells resulted in increased expression of the CD69 activation marker on the cell surface of Natural Killer cells, NKT cells, T-lymphocytes, and monocytes. The cytokine profile in these cell cultures showed up-regulation of multiple cytokines, including several chemokines known to be involved in anti-viral immune defenses.